Award in Education and Training
The Level 3
Award in Education and Training (replacing PTLLS) is a short course
designed to enable a wide range of students to undertake teaching, training
or learning tasks relevant to their own training or teaching situation.
This course provides an introduction to teaching in the lifelong
learning sector and is recommended for all teachers new to the sector, whether
in further education, adult and comubnity learning, work-based learning or
other parts of the learning and skills sector.
- The award is suitable for those who work, or intend to work, as:
- Teachers in adult and community education
- Teachers or trainers in the voluntary sector
- Training personnel in commerce, industry, the public sector or HM
- Technicians and support staff in further and adult education
Learners should normally have at least a Level 3 or equivalent
qualification in the subject they wish to teach and have a reasonable command
of English, Numeracy and IT.
The award is designed to develop the candidate's ability to:
- Identify student's needs, backgrounds and aspirations
- Define basic principles of teaching and learning in relation to
- Demonstrate in their planning, delivery and evaluation a regard for
equal opportunities and health and safety legislation
- Develop their skills in devising programmes and schemes of work
- Adopt a systematic approach to planning, learning sessions by
reference to a variety of methods, and to develop innovation in their
- Design, make and use a range of teaching and learning materials, using
their own creative and information technology skills
- Develop their key skills
- Apply communication skills in teaching and training
- Design and apply approriate means of assessing their own learners
We also offer the TAQA assessor and Internal Quality Assurance
Please contact us to discuss your options.